Bonnet badge

Recently ordered one off carpartsltd on e bay .Decided to spray with a layer of protective clear laquer before fitting.Looked very smart on fitment.Visited festival yesterday and on going to talk about it replacing a very worn original imagine my surprise to discover it was missing.Feeling somewhat embarrassed at the intact remains of the adhesive l puzzled as to how it could happen!On returning home my daughter had found the missing metal disc was equally questioning.Have sent the seller an e mail who conveniently is on holiday and await their reply.Any idea what might be best adhesive to stick metal disc to old adhesive,not really wanting to remove unnecessarily ?

The adhesive that sticks the metal disc to the front of the black filler pad has failed.l can /have removed the remains of this adhesive ,light in colour and have left the pad in as new condition stuck to the chrome grill.All I'm looking for is to replace this failed adhesive with something compatable with the two exposed surfaces.