Roomster Front Seats changed for Audi A1 S Line

petrev

• 11 months later...

Hi Petrev.  Well done getting those seats in. Have been looking at some half leather ones just recently myself but decided against it due to the extra electrical work involved, plus the cost of the seats, and the distance to travel to get them.

Having had three different sets of seats in my Roomster, I decided to stick with the Monty Carlo ones which tie in with the rears. I would just love to have some lumber support though.

Just one question, did you fit the pressure pads in the seats, this was one of the hardest things I found to fit in the Monty's ? Well done again.

ps,  having just read you other post (Mon' morning), maybe I should buy the seats i'd seen and come and stay with you for a couple of weeks and let you fit them? HaHa.

Edited by NZ100
++

• 2 weeks later...

Hi NZ100,

The seats aren't bad to fit - Just the four XZN bolts and the underseat plugs. Nothing needs changing over or swapping except that yellow Audi plug!

The plugs are the same apart from the AUDI Yellow Airbag plug which still has the same wiring colours. I just used the old one and joined it in with a connector block to the new seat wires. You have to remove the existing plug as it has a shorting device in it to prevent accidents when unplugged !!

I can always help you fit a set if you happened to be down this way. Only takes an hour or so ....

I actually have these leather seats spare at the moment as I have a set of SEAT Ibiza FR Alcantara ones fitted in now (SEAT Ibiza seats use standard Skoda Roomster plugs so even easier to fit)

Same sort of bucket, slightly less "snug" and sadly no lumber adjustment, but they are from a 3-door so they have handy levers so I can flip them forward easily when I am using my Roomster in RV Mode :)

Pete

5 minutes ago, petrev said:

Hi NZ100,

The seats aren't bad to fit - Just the four XZN bolts and the underseat plugs. Nothing needs changing over or swapping except that yellow Audi plug!

The plugs are the same apart from the AUDI Yellow Airbag plug which still has the same wiring colours. I just used the old one and joined it in with a connector block to the new seat wires. You have to remove the existing plug as it has a shorting device in it to prevent accidents when unplugged !!

I can always help you fit a set if you happened to be down this way. Only takes an hour or so ....

I actually have these leather seats spare at the moment as I have a set of SEAT Ibiza FR Alcantara ones fitted in now (SEAT Ibiza seats use standard Skoda Roomster plugs so even easier to fit)

Same sort of bucket, slightly less "snug" and sadly no lumber adjustment, but they are from a 3-door so they have handy levers so I can flip them forward easily when I am using my Roomster in RV Mode :)

Pete

Just curious, when you say RV mode, do you mean that you can sleep in your roomster?

I am trying to work out if my Yeti is big enough to sleep in if I take the back seats out, but I am not sure.

31 minutes ago, gman88667733 said:

Just curious, when you say RV mode, do you mean that you can sleep in your roomster?

I am trying to work out if my Yeti is big enough to sleep in if I take the back seats out, but I am not sure.

Hi gman....,

Yes - I have a conversion kit for a single bed and galley - Nearside rear seat stays in. You can also still fit in the small middle seat if you want to carry an extra person !

There is a thread on the Roomster RV Camper Motorhome ! idea(s) and there is another conversion kit from Peak Vans there that sleeps 2 - no internal galley.

Page 2

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/368177-the-roomster-motorhome/?page=2

... my photos are now re-inserted at the end thanks to Photobucket changes :(

The Yeti has pretty much the same internal dimensions and many similar fittings as the Roomster so some adaptation should work for the Yeti too.

Any Qs just ask,

Pete

Edited by petrev
  • Like 1