Time to say goodbye.

After nearly 2.5 years of my 3 year lease vRS Tdi estate it's time to say goodbye, and hello to my new ride a Golf R NAV Estate, too many niggles with Skoda at the moment poor starting , headlight ballast, rear brake disks, all things you shouldn't expect or have to put up with in a new car.

Ok the vRS looks great but it's the small things that are killing the brand, the penny pinching no attention to detail like the lack of LED  number  plate bulbs / ambient lighting / poor quality materials etc etc.

Got a great deal with the Golf R on CarWow from murray VW Plymouth .

Edited by mrj2k8
  • Like 1

Don't get too excited - I had a golf R that I rejected due to numerous faults and paint defects, the replacement had poorly aligned NSF and rear doors. Got rid after 2 months

Hope yours fares better though

• Like 2

Hopefully mine will fare better, though i cannot see it doing worse, My Skoda would have been rejected had it shown all the faults on delivery, it's certainly a dam site faster :) 

• Like 1

I too went from a petrol vRS estate to Golf R estate through Car Wow and purchased from Murrays. Again big discount. Increased visits to the petrol station? First DSG for me and starting to get used to it 3,000 miles in. Don't really notice the smaller size, perhaps the kids do in the back but boot was fine for family holiday. No problems so far.

• Like 1

Posted my goodbye yesterday and now driving a Golf 1.6TDi with DSG. It is Match Edition spec and is my first ever diesel in over 50 years driving. My 2 Octy's were fairly trouble free but no longer need the space for SWMBO and me. Time will tell if Golf will be equally reliable & trouble free. CarWow quoted some good deals but didn't fancy the wait again for a factory order so got an excellent deal on a demo with only 2k on the clock. Will have to register with VW forum.

• Like 1