New Owner - Hello!

dunc69

Evening all!

Long time Briskoda member, recently with two Mk 2 Octys - '10 vRS petrol estate DSG in silver with most of the toys & a '10 Scout manual petrol with lots of toys too.

Have just chopped in the Scout for a 63-plate Citigo 75PS Elegance Greentech manual in silver. No longer needed two large petrol estates.

Loving the Citigo! What a clever car. Refined, roomy, comfy, well screwed together. No tax & massive (for me) mpg. Happy days!

Look forward to contributing here!

Cheers,

Dunc

• Like 2

Thanks bmjb99! Yes, big hill near me needs 4th gear whereas the Scout was up there in 5th & the vRS is comfy in 6th.

But, drive in to work today clocked at an average of 65mpg! This is uncharted territory for me as a man who can't / won't buy a diesel.

Loving the new car! Nice to know if I need a blast I can use the vRS, but 9 journeys out of 10 are about just getting from A to B and if I can do that effectively & cheaply, so much the better. On top of that, the Citigo is great to drive on the twisties!

Good luck with your new car, first thing I noticed when I got mine was how easy it is on the pocket. Great A to B car. Sadly circumstances dictate I might need to get an estate car soon, but I'm hanging on to the Citigo with fond memories.

• 3 weeks later...

So, really enjoying the car & the PID.

Kids very happy to be able to stream Spotify & my iPhone 6S works seamlessly for calls.

I do, however, have the dreaded 'clicking clutch pedal' so will be booking it in for a look at this & the first MOT before 3 years is up (late Sept).

Can I ask, the fan (air-con) is quite noisy - there seems to be a fluttering noise under the dash when it's on. Not all the time and only when the engine is running too. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Dunc

Stooz, thanks for the reply. I meant under the top of the dash - just under the vent behind the PID.

Cheers,

D

most get the 1st MOT done a month before the end of the warranty to give time for any warranty work to be done before tha warranty runs out

I believe you can get the MOT done up to a month before its due and not affect the MOT date

bluecar1, I'm having mine done the day before the warranty runs out - busy month.

I'm hoping any issues identified on that day will be honoured as within the 3 years. Don't think the work itself has to be done inside the period.

They will be looking at the clicking clutch for me at the same time.

Good news - I asked for the clutch click to be assessed. I explained that the clutch was fine but that the pedal assembly needed changing. This was based on the advice I had read on here.

Result - a call at 3.30pm - "We have changed your clutch pedal assembly under warranty. Nothing to pay, Sir".

Excellent service from Blade Skoda Bristol. My first trip to the dealer too. Happy days.