Android N and Android Auto

Now that Android N final has been released, I'm getting random stutters and cutouts using Android Auto and Google Play Music. I've a Skoda Fabia 2015. 

Is anyone else experience this issue?

If you are, please can you comment on this issue or star it. http://goo.gl/R65XNP

Hopefully this will help it get fixed quickly.

Yes and I noticed the issues then and rolled back to Marshmallow all worked fine again. 

I had hoped this would have been fixed upon final release. 

Looking at that Google issue report, it's VW and Skoda's that are experiencing the issue, just wondered if anyone else on here had the same concerns. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still on Marshmallow so may avoid Android N until this problem is resolved. I have enough issues with Android Auto on Marshmallow. It mainly works OK in the UK but cuts out frequently in France - possibly Three's less than perfect roaming? But my main issue is voice control for phone calls. I haven't managed to get this to work yet although voice control for getting directions with Google maps works perfectly. I haven't found much help online in regard to how to use Android Auto - pretty basic stuff from Google and a lot of hype.

I have now figured out the voice call command. I was saying "Call contact" and nothing was happening. Being a bit deaf, I didn't hear the response "Home or mobile?". But now I know that's coming I listen out for it and all is well. How nice to have a conversation with one's Fabia! Pity that Google don't explain this in the Android Auto help pages.

ok so finally got round to hooking it all together 

wtf am i or it supposed to do 

kept saying connect phone only connected until the car stopped (i wasnt driving at the time ) 

managed to get some of my google play purchases to play 

clicked on the android auto app on my phone and it didnt wow me it came up with a google now type screen on phone and on display 

it mentioned that i can connect by tapping android auto icon on car display (coudnt see it anywhere ) 

then it wouldnt reconnect after i received an email and read that 

so glad the car has built in nav 

maybe someone will tell me what i am doing wrong 

android n nexus 6p 

malcster, have you figured it yet? There's not much help online but I think I'm there now. When I connect my phone - Oneplusone with Marshmallow - Android Auto starts. I can then use voice control to navigate, eg Go to Buckingham Palace, or to phone, eg Call Joe Bloggs. I can also use Google Play music but only via the buttons on the screen - tap the headphone button and then press play to continue playing whatever you last played on the phone. I haven't seen how to use text messaging yet but I think those are the main apps that will work on AA.

Not had the chance our lass has had the car everyday since

I have a nexus 7 with marshmallow and a nexus 6 also with marshmallow

Also got kick round a nexus 5 and 4 both on lower versions

Bit of a hoarder when it comes to nexus devices I have them all still boxed in the spare room

AA should work very well with Nexus devices. I'm pleased that the voice control button on the Fabia steering wheel works. Press the button, wait for the beep then give the command. I found today that you can start music with voice control and Google Play Music. Just say 'Play' and then what you want it to play or just say 'Play music' to get random tracks. I'm really pleased with AA and looking forward to using Waze with it once the AA version is released.

AA should work very well with Nexus devices. I'm pleased that the voice control button on the Fabia steering wheel works. Press the button, wait for the beep then give the command. I found today that you can start music with voice control and Google Play Music. Just say 'Play' and then what you want it to play or just say 'Play music' to get random tracks. I'm really pleased with AA and looking forward to using Waze with it once the AA version is released.

I do this with Spotify.

Keep us updated on the Waze front. I've got an iPhone so Waze doesn't look to be coming to Carplay for a while. I could potentially be swayed to Android if it never happens, because I use Waze daily and simply cannot bear Apple Maps.