Heated bora leather

First of all throw away those bora switches (or sell them on ebay) get a bora wiring loom for the seats, and get a mk3 golf heated seats wiring loom with the relays.  You then need to get a genuine skoda octavia heated seat switch.  Thats the easy part done, next you need to get a wiring diagram for both cars (Bora and Mk3 golf) and make your own wiring loom adaptor.  Your main goal is to mate up the Bora (or MK4 golf) heated seats to the Mk3 heated seats control system.  Its harder installing them this way but you get a much more OEM fit and you can replace that blank switch cover on your dashboard with a heated seat switch.  I got all the parts I needed off ebay, and Halfords.  If I can find my old wiring diagram I drew up I will post it up on here which should help.

Yup took me alot of patience and alot of mulling over wiring diagrams, but it is kind of simple.  You use mostly mk3 wiring and just marry up the relevant wires from the Bora heated seats to where the mk3 heated seats would be if that makes sense?  Probably not lol again if i find some more info i will post it up. got a pic of the wiring loom i made up to connect the Mk4 golf loom to Mk3 if it helps. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/gallery/image/8548-heated-seat-conversion-loom-between-mk4-loom-and-mk3-loom-heated-seat-control-wires/

Just remember to test the seats before fully installing the wiring, either the seats could be broken or the wiring will be wrong (more likely). I found that the wires that go to the connector that goes into the back of the skoda oem heated seat switch was wrong, so i had to unclip all of the wires in the plastic connector and reposition them.

• 2 weeks later...