2007 octavia passenger window not going down

mylot

Hi  have a problem the front passenger window is not attached to the regulator. I have removed the interior door trim and the rubber grommets and the motor will drive the regulator up and down. I can push the window down so the holes in both the regulator and the glass is lined up where the holes are with the grommets removed what part is missing so the glass is connected to the regulator ? and do I need to remove the inner door panel (drill out pop rivets ) to repair?  

Edited by mylot

Mine has just done this as well, I found that the plastic that holds the window from which it pulls it down or pushes it up had fallen off so you could hear it still working but the glass didn't. Be careful your glass doesn't fall down like mine did. If you can still hear it going up and down then press it so its up and leave it until you can fix it. I still need to do mine but as far as I can see you need to remove your door card, drill out the rivets to remove inner panel and in my case I need to get the cables back into position around the regulator and pulleys and reattach the plastic clip and holds the window. If your lucky nothings broken and just needs squeezing back on

• 2 months later...

Cant I just buy two new plastic parts and line the glass up with the corresponding holes and push the plastic retainers in without having to drill out rivets and removing inner metal door panel?

Edited by mylot