Three years old now.

Well I've had my Octavia VRS Mk3 Estate DSG for three years now. It's just passed the its MOT with an advisory for the brake disks. (55,000 miles and original disks and pads isn't too bad I think). The service I've had from Sinclair Skoda Swansea has been excellent.

The parts I've had replaced under warranty are as follows,

New fog lamps x 2 (fogging in both lamps).

New wheel (pitting on alloy)

New Amundsen System (Kept turning off)

New water pump (sensor needed replacing but comes as part of pump)

Headlight washer (washer doesn't retract)

Can anyone else do any better????????

No but maybe you can - haven't you had the door seals retaining water yet ?

I live on a very steep hill. When I open the front doors after its rained I do get water pouring onto the floor. It doesn't come into the car though. Is this the same problem you,re referring too?

• Like 1

Yep - and its a warranty replacement part to add to your list :)

There is also the tailgate rattle / resonance if you can be bothered with that....mine doesn't seem to happen enough for me to be arsed with / notice, but some definitely have had good dealers take notice.

Only "faults" with mine in 33 months and 23000 miles were:

(a) passenger side headlight washer not retracting (apparently a common problem)

(B) rear wiper failing to return to start position (stopped half-way - again, apparently a known problem)

© Bolero display disappearing for a day and then coming back as if nothing had happened

(B) and © seem to have rectified themselves

I particular noticed the rumbliness of the hatch today actually, as I've been using my old Fabia a lot more.

I think I might get this reported at least before the warranty end, so its registered as a fault least (even if they can't do anything about it).

Its low prio but would be worth having fixed.

Anyone got an official fix for this ? I read the posts about the work in progress on this so its obviously recognised as a fault, any clear fix yet ?