High Level Brake Light

It was pointed out to me at the weekend that one of the bulbs in said assembly wasnt coming on.

I investigated and sure enough the offending bulb was indeed burnt out.

I did some searching without complete success, I decided to try my local motor factors, they did a search and found an exact match with a Lucas bulb. THe price was very reasonable £1 each plus vat.

As another one was flickering and they were all pretty black on the inside I decided to replace all of them, it came to a total cost of £14.40 (I have 13 bulbs in the holder), result !!!!!!

Part Numbers :-

Skoda...N900-510-02

Lucas...LLB 284 (12V 2.3W) T5

The bulb holder is released by pressing inwards(firmly) a sprung button located at each end of the holder and then

carefully pull it downwards towards the ground (with the tailgate open) , it is a tight fit.

NB: click on thumbnail to enlarge

post-15561-385749_thumb.jpg

Edited by Silver Bullet
  • Like 1

I think these are the ones I bought. They are definitely brighter, I will try and take some pictures if I get a chance.

The listing is for 10 so I bought 20 and for £1.98 can't complain at that price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-T5-286-White-LED-Wedge-Car-Dashboard-Dash-Speedo-Cig-Lighter-Lamps-Bulb-Auto-/331360821773?hash=item4d26a4e20d:g:WLMAAOSwSdZWe8Oz

• Like 2