Clutch slipping

daz_vrs

the car has done 20k and i put the box on yesterday. the clutch should be fine for that milage. just wondered because the box stated 157ps and 370nm and it shouldnt slip on that:confused: . ive heard of tuning boxes giving really high gains up to 40bhp and wondered if this could be the case for me:thumbup: . probably wishfull thinking! ill get a new clutch:rofl: .

cheers

daz

I had mine remapped using a 'One Click' at around 11k, clutch started to slip at about 20k. Has now been slipping for the last 9k or so, to a certain extent it is possible to drive round the problem by using one gear lower than you would normally (eg dropping down to 4th to pull hard from say 60 upwards, whereas previously 5th would have been ok), however I have always been a bit wary and haven't really enjoyed the car as much since it started to slip. Have recently taken the map off and there is now no evidence of slippage, however there is also a lot less grunt!!

D

The simple fact is that the standard clutch is designed to handle the standard output of the car (and a little more).

Putting more through it than it can handle isn't great. You really have to drive around it, and one of the more smoother remaps that stays below that torque limit can help the situation.

My approach is to save up for a new clutch now, before I get the remap, so that when the clutch goes I can replace it :)