rust proofing

Doofy

Hello all, Just wondering, Did the mk2 pre fl have wax injection rustproofing done to the inside of the sills from the factory ?   Its just my old Nissan Primera didn't seem to and they rotted out and i don't want the same this happening to this car.. Thanks...

• Like 1

I tried that but as mine was registered Sep 2004 it only came with a 10 year warranty and also, even though the paint is bubbling away, it's a perforation warranty and it's not perforated yet.

Edited by andy-fisher

The sills and bodywork are hot dip galvanised. If they start to rust through from the inside they should be covered by the 12 year corrosion warranty.

I thought that was only done to Audi cars.

If you remove some of the body plugs you should notice a white waxy material. If you fancy using a good product try Bilt Hamber products. I've used for years on various cars, including my current Octy and without it the underneath would be rusty. As there is only a light layer of paint underneath, I would be more worried about that. However, get underneath your car and have a good look round to assess what you might need to do. My car has 135k and underneath is immaculate due to regular wax sprays.