Mk 1 vRS Octavia - rear beam bushes

octyal

I may need to change the rear beam bushes on my Mk 1 soon (they were an advisory on last years MOT - and this year is looming!). I know they are the 72mm variety, just wondering what people recommend?

I have used poly in the past on my old xr4x4, and was impressed with how they tightened up the rear (and front). I don't plan on any track days, just commuting, with the occasional random weekend road trip thrown in. I drive fairly steadily, barely go over 2.5k rpm these days (must be getting old :) ) so ultimate road holding isn't really an issue, although I do occasionally "give it some beans" if I am on my own and the roads are quiet.

So, what are every ones experiences with OEM and poly?

I was looking at poly mainly due to the marginal difference in price over a pair of OE spec metallastic ones, as it's very marginal - plus the fact the poly will be easier to fit (bonus) and likely to last much longer. Although I suspect the OE ones have been on for 150k miles

Theres a company called problem solving bushes on ebay who do poly bushes for the rear for a very reasonable price. have some on my mk1 they fit perfectly and work well, about 25 quid i seem to remember (only last year).