Sat nav maps for yeti adventure 2.0 TDICR

richardg8jvm

A bit more

I wonder how anyone buying a VW group vehicle  get finance on the Isle of Man, There are two VW dealers there.

They cant be using VW finance UK

And of course as the Isle of Man is not part of the UK or the EU its somewhere else that VW finance say you can't go.

:)

Only one VW dealer on the Isle of Man

Tony

I'm not going to let this one drop either, 

I'm forwarding copies of the finance agreement to both the Swiss and Norwegian Governments as the two major countries involved, but there are a further seven, plus the Channel islands and Gibraltar , crown dependencies.

I've complained to Skoda UK customer services, and will be contacting the BBC transport correspondent , and writing to the CEO of VW

I've also discovered that the engine fitted to the Yeti I'm buying is a EA189, so that's the dodgy VW engine management software to be updated.

But of course nothing mentioned by the dealer.

VW have had a lot of bad press over their emissions claims , I wonder how they will like this.

There are still summer car ferries from the UK to Norway, I wonder how many of those driving VW groups cars, still under finance agreements, are aware they have agreed not to go there.

I wonder what they will do to shut me up ?   :)

Iceland would be a lovely place to drive a 4WD Yeti around, that's FORBUT on VW financed cars too.

They aren't saying that you can't go there just that you need their permission.

Bit of a faff I know and I agree with your stand on principle.

Would/could they refuse and could you get blanket approval or would you need individual country and date approval?

Be interesting to know why they have got that clause in their agreement.

They aren't saying that you can't go there just that you need their permission.

Bit of a faff I know and I agree with your stand on principle.

Would/could they refuse and could you get blanket approval or would you need individual country and date approval?

Be interesting to know why they have got that clause in their agreement.

They still own the car I think.

Personal bank loan you own the car.

Yes on a HP agreement they own the car

AND much more of importance was I asked whether permission would be granted and was told UK and EU, only no ifs buts or anything else.

Furthermore, it wasn't just the droid in underwriting it was his manager as well

So my statement stands

They CAN NOT be defended for their action

This is the result of moving more and more to a nanny state, all they can think of is risk,

kids banned from playing conkers at school, all the things we used to do as kids, are all regarded as too dangerous to allow,

and when it come to insurance and finance , underwriting has gone OTT.  Due to poor education and the lack of common sense

all they can do is rely on computer searches to assess risk.

A classic one is on building and contents insurance, if you are withing a certain distance from a water course you are assessed as having a 

flood risk,  it doesn't matter if the distance from the water course is by vertical separation.

And a big problem is people just accept it.

Richard