Fuelly...

I want to start using it but it asks for the number of gallons you have put in and the cost per gallon - any idea how or if I can change it to Litres? If not I may as well just do the maths myself!  :envy:

Ta xx

It's a very useful thing, and gets very addictive in terms of seeing if you've got further or improved your MPG!  Wish the app was slightly better though, I usually end up filling in the info on the PC later on...

I tried changing the units and it still asked for gallons... ????

On the website click on 'Settings' and set 'Display Units' to 'UK (litres, miles, UK MPG)'.  You will also need to click on save changes at the bottom...

Not sure if you can change it via the app.

Done all this - 

My calculations - 35.88ltr = 7.892G

Cost per ltr = 1.129

Total Miles - 405

Therefore - 51.32mpg

Fuelly is saying - 61.6mpg and average Diesel cost of £1.36 per Ltr!!!!!!!! ARGHHHH Driving me NUTS  :envy:

Done all this - 

My calculations - 35.88ltr = 7.892G

Cost per ltr = 1.129

Total Miles - 405

Therefore - 51.32mpg

Fuelly is saying - 61.6mpg and average Diesel cost of £1.36 per Ltr!!!!!!!! ARGHHHH Driving me NUTS  :envy:

Something is getting lost in translation somewhere. Make sure you set your profile to UK units and enter it in litres as it requests. Then you should get it working properly. Read the help files about your first fill up too. 

Darn it won't let me upload a pic... Bear with - I need my bed now I'll try and work out how to upload a screen shot tomorrow - It's asking for everything in Gallons still even though I've changed everything and saved it  :no:

Edited by Dogluvr

See - even though it's set as UK and Litres MPG - The input is this - so I'm calculating it all manually and its doing something with the figures.

Is the top left drop down menu (in my earlier screen shot) also showing UK? Weird it's asking for gallons if so... I just get asked miles, litres filled, and cost per litre and that's it - MPG is given. It's worth double checking through everything to make sure you didn't miss something 'obvious'. Can't say I've ever had a problem but it doesn't mean something's not broken for you. Drop them a mail if you're still struggling, as I'm far too far away to offer to pop round and fix it for you over a brew, sorry. :D

It should look like this when you're adding a fill up:

e18911ac5a9408a7c98f5b5667fcc4f4.png

Something is getting lost in translation somewhere. Make sure you set your profile to UK units and enter it in litres as it requests. Then you should get it working properly. Read the help files about your first fill up too. 

It's requesting it in Gallons which is why i'm converting it all to gallons

Is the top left drop down menu (in my earlier screen shot) also showing UK? Weird it's asking for gallons if so... I just get asked miles, litres filled, and cost per litre and that's it - MPG is given. It's worth double checking through everything to make sure you didn't miss something 'obvious'. Can't say I've ever had a problem but it doesn't mean something's not broken for you. Drop them a mail if you're still struggling, as I'm far too far away to offer to pop round and fix it for you over a brew, sorry. :D

It should look like this when you're adding a fill up:

e18911ac5a9408a7c98f5b5667fcc4f4.png

How do you get the screen shots in your post??? 

How do you get the screen shots in your post??? 

I uploaded them to an image host and then copied the URL they gave me to post here (the BB code one).  I use THIS ONE as they're ad-free. Or you can attach a pic to your post (use the "More reply options" button) and insert it that way. 

If you get really stuck / annoyed / frustrated, you could always change your fuelly password to 'password' (or similar) and send me a private message with your login details. I'd be happy to have a look, see if I can fix it, and then let you change your password back to your usual secure one. The offer's there, but obviously understandable if you'd rather not. You're probably just missing something mate. :)

I uploaded them to an image host and then copied the URL they gave me to post here (the BB code one).  I use THIS ONE as they're ad-free. Or you can attach a pic to your post (use the "More reply options" button) and insert it that way. 

If you get really stuck / annoyed / frustrated, you could always change your fuelly password to 'password' (or similar) and send me a private message with your login details. I'd be happy to have a look, see if I can fix it, and then let you change your password back to your usual secure one. The offer's there, but obviously understandable if you'd rather not. You're probably just missing something mate. :)

Thank you... So not a 2 second job LOL

Great news! As well as the 2 locations here for changing the units... there's also one in the vehicle profile - Thanks to the Fuelly forum!

All good now! Thank you!

in your vehicle set up you can set the units and how you want to log the distance, I use the odo reading as for me that is the easyest

John

Thanks jjc - I missed your post - and found the same recommendation on the Fuelly Forum - so thank you :-)

Hello again you awesome lot... Now I have also managed to get the sig... does it automatically update as you make changes in Fuelly or do you have to change your signature when you refuel?