Driver side switches not working

02 Elegance electric windows,center locking switch does not work.

I have read the threads on the forum and most state faulty switch.I checked the plug and power to all holes on one side of plug,so assumed new switch needed,ordered and fitted.Worked.Switched off car,twenty minutes later,no work.

The switches on all doors operate the windows on their respective sides.Central locks don't operate off the fob except rear near side and boot,but I suspect micro switches in the locks.Also the fuel cap will not open when the button is pressed inside.

Any thoughts please and as always very much appreciated. 

Sounds like the issue I had when I replaced the front pax side window control module. Window would work from that switch but not drivers but only for 10-20 mins, switch lighting didn't work at that door or the central locking with the new part fitted. Turned out to be the wrong dash number in my case. My point is maybe the control module in your drivers door is shot causing the issues.

Thanks for the reply.

I have just replaced the motor for the drivers door window as there were three pins rotted in the original one.But this was happening with the original one insittu.

What did you do? Replace or get it coded to your car?Do I need to get the replacement coded to my Octavia? Secondhand motor/module used as replacement.

Just been checking wires in the plug to the window module/motor.I have found a black wire with a corroded end,so that's one problem.Next up is the 5v+ in this black wire.Now,and I'm open to correction here,black is earth/ground/negative,and shouldn't have any voltage in it,should it?

So I pulled the loom from the door.Found two more corroded wires,a brown/red and a brown/yellow.Did a make do job for testing purposes.Checked the continuity on the rest of them,so I have come to the conclusion that I need to get the replacement module coded. d

Check the P/N's of the motor. The one I got from the scrappy was the same number but the suffix was different. The original was suffix D a the one I was given was a suffix B. Got a replacement D model and all was good. No coding required.

Regarding fuel cap, did you check the fuse at the fusebox (no. F 38)?

Thanks for the suggestion.Not ten minutes ago.Was away for a couple of days.

I also checked for power at the lock connection,no power.No continuity when the button is pressed,so I have to assume it's relays or the convenience control unit.

I do have power on four points in the plug for the window/central locking control multi switch.

Anyway,I have given up,taking to a guy on Wednesday morning.

Edited by haventaclue