Can you transplant a 1.9td pd octavia mk1 engine into a seat leon fr 2lt tdi 170 bhp

Joe41

This goes out too the vw seat skoda machanics who might have the answer too my question i have a skoda octavia mk1 08 plate with the bullet proof 1.9pd engine in it and i am thinking of a seat leon fr 2lt td 170 bhp with a blown bottom end i know these engines are know were near as reliable as the 1.9tdi 105bhp would like the looks of the seat and the reliability of the skoda pd engine anyone know?

Thanks for reading.

I've no doubt that it's possible (but you're going to need the entire engine bay (and possibly instrument) wiring from the Octy (well except the front lights wiring).

You may need custom engine and gearbox mounts though.

The Leon was available with the PD105 in so it's entirely possible.

You should in theory be able to get engine mounts, drive shafts, wiring etc to allow the swap.

Yeah i have read a lot about that rubbish engine but my skoda octavia has got the axr engine which would be a good replacement for the car just wondering if the dryshafts would be the same because like it the 1.9 pd bxe engine is in the seat leon and altea so if i was to use my car it could work but my bro says its not putting the engine in its making sure everything works