Hi folks

Dumplin0910

Thought I'd sign up while waiting for my new Yeti outdoor SE to be built. (Provisionally second week of November...so not long now !)

Looking forward to getting behind the wheel(s) with my caravan on the back. Some very interesting and informative topics on the site.

I'll be back soon. 

Being a newbie, not sure whether this is how I respond to the replies I get ( someone will, no doubt put me straight )

anyway,  thanks Clive and Superb170.

A lifetime ago ( well 37 years almost to the day), we were eagerly awaiting collection of our (then) new Red Skoda Estelle - complete with black vinyl roof. Happy days ! 

• Like 2

A lifetime ago ( well 37 years almost to the day), we were eagerly awaiting collection of our (then) new Red Skoda Estelle - complete with black vinyl roof. Happy days ! 

I bet you think you're the only one don't you mate > http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/181435-car-what-was-your-1st-2nd-3rd-ect-ect/#entry3300913 .  :peek:

• Like 1

ha ha, now there is a true skoda fanatic, thanks for the link to those pics. Brought back some memories, I can tell you. I've got some old photos of our estelle somewhere. Will try to find them and put them on. We had a lot of fun in it. Did quite a bit of camping then, have fond memories of a 1000 mile trip around scotland - the tent wouldn't go in the boot ( or was it the bonnet ? so it travelled in the car with the back seats dropped forward. 

We stopped at a very isolated garage somewhere in the wilds and the elderly pump attendant - yes there was one - had obviously never seen an estelle before and asked if it was a porsche.  :D  We had to explain that although it was rear engined and had 4 wheels....there wasn't much else in common with the german machine.

As I recall, the car was generally quite reliable and economical except for an annoying habit of breaking clutch pedal springs and a frightening steering wobble at one point.

• Like 1