VCDS - Increasing brightness of DRL for Parking Lights/ CH/ LH

Hey folks,

Just been doing some digging with VCDS and I've been able to increase the brightness of the DRLs on my VRS when the engine isn't running so.... Parking Lights, Coming Home and Leaving Home. Bit of a gimmik but I like the fact they're brighter when the cars unlocked in a shop car park, looks epic! Better still for those who have chosen DRLs and Fogs as CH and LH lights :)  The great thing is they dim back down when the car is started to prevent blinding people.

Go into [09] Central Electronics

Go to Security Access and enter 31347

Go into Adaptation

Search for: 

Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2

35 is the default setting. I set it to to 85 (percentage of brightness). Of course you can play with this yourself!

Again search for:

Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3

35 is the default setting. I set it to to 85 (percentage of brightness). Of course you can play with this yourself!

I parked the car on a quiet straight road so I could check the brightness after walking away from the vehicle to get the desired setting I wanted.

I haven't seen this on the VCDS guide section so of course if its OK please add this :)

Cheers

Sean

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, seanantenbring said:

Nope, I left the the CH/LH the same as from the factory, dipped beam. 

Do the DRLs ever come on for CH/LH without the dipped beam firing? My CH/LH only comes on when dark and it's dipped beam + dimmed DRL etc.

Or are you saying the DRLs are at an increased brightness besides the dipped beam with this mod?

Edited by ahenners