Replacement Key Parts

Hi All,

I've just bought a 62 plate Octavia Scout. It came with two keys, one which looks new (which my wife immediately took) and a second where the rubber button pad looks really tired. I've purchased a spare pad off ebay but it didn't fit - it was too small. I also asked a dealer (Rainworth Skoda - bought a replacement indicator off them) who said that they only sold the complete key and didn't split them. He recommended finding someone either breaking the car for scrap or someone with a faulty key where they replaced the internals etc.

So my question is; Does anyone have a faulty key / spare rubber button pad / alternative solution?

Thanks
Tom

I've seen a couple of places selling those. I assumed, for the price, that they were essentially cheap knock offs and thus was concerned about the quality etc.

Has anyone got one of these and if so were they able to easily swap all the internals & the cut key over to the new case?

Is your key like this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Octavia-Fabia-Roomster-Superb-3-Button-Flip-Remote-Key-Fob-Case-/111298474846?hash=item19e9e7f35e:g:AKcAAOxydlFSo1gf

If so you can buy this and just remove the rubber pad from your own key and replace it with the pad from the new case just use a thin flat bladed screwdriver to pop the pads out

Yeah it looks like that, problem is I bought a pad that claimed to be the same and it didn't fit. Now I'm suspicious of aftermarket keys as the housing seems to be a slightly different size.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it looks like that, problem is I bought a pad that claimed to be the same and it didn't fit. Now I'm suspicious of aftermarket keys as the housing seems to be a slightly different size.

I had the same problem , I bought a keypad on its own and it didn't fit either , I then bought the casing linked to above and the keypad is a perfect fit.