HELP clutch issue

So ...my new old ish Octavia is turning into a nightmare! Can anyone please advise .... recently I've found it sometime difficult or impossible to get into reverse gear and out of first gear .... now today coming to a roundabout and slightly up hill I put clutch in to stop and engage first gear ..... the car keeps going...creeping forward ....back home on my estate .... fairly level roads ...put the clutch in and the car trickles its way 100 yds home with just me steering ......is the clutch knackered???

Sounds like the clutch isn't clearing. Possible cause could be air in the hydraulics and or worn seals in the slave or master cylinder. Any decent garage should be able to sort it out.

Mark

Car is currently back at the garage where they are trying to fix an idle miss fire problem and they are supposed to be changing brake fluid and giving everything a good bleed .... last time I had the ... when cold and first move off ... put it in gear and when clutch is released (very slowly) it grabs suddenly like it was stuck and banged with release ..I did pump the clutch then and it was better but then had this strange click type noise every time I pressed the clutch until it had warmed up