battery drain - hatchback rear lock

Okay so i've made a few other posts in the past in my attempts to get to the bottom of my battery drain issue. From pulling out fuses while measuring the amps being drawn from the battery I found that pulling fuse 19 which the manual says is for the radio stopped the drain. However, given the aftermarket stereo i have, had been in for 6 months or so before any sign of a battery drain issue reared its ugly head i was a little concerned about going down the route of blaming the stereo.

i thought i had solved it previously when i found that the drivers side rear door wasn't actually locking everytime, and then eventually stopped working all together. I had the lock mechanism changed and all seemed well, then a few weeks ago i went to use the car and it wouldn't start. oddly once i tried to open the book when the car was locked just to check it was locked and it released, evenn though the doors were all locked, i just brushed it off but no i wonder if i'm seeing the start of a problem.

I've been out with the car trying to see if anything repeatable is happening and found this, when i lock the car usually the amps drop to read 0.00-0.03 on a 10amp setting. If i lock the car usually i can watch the amps drop from 0.8 after pressing lock on the fob to 0.00-0.03 within a few minutes, however, if i then go and press the lock on the hatchback as if i'm going to open it (it shouldn't open as the car is locked, butyou can feel the push button depress), the amps jump up to 0.7A and stay there (with a periodic fluctuation down to 0.4A) once i've caused this rise in amps by pressing the release button even unlocking and locking the car doesn't help, but if i open and slam the hatchback it seems to solve it.

Has anyone else experience this or had to change the release button on the boot?

Cheers

Gavin

Pressing the button is probably waking up some number of CAN controllers, this is normal.

Have you followed the VW guide for finding current draws yet? I posted it in one of your previous threads about battery drain issues: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/399232-battery-drain-mileage-and-clock-always-displayed-when-locked/?p=4616982

ah, no i hadn't, I think that post coincided with my door lock change and the problem going away. I just need to look into how i fool the car into thinking the bonnet is shut as i've got no idea where the sensor is for that, nor how it works, likewise i guess i need to fool the drivers door too so i can get at the fuses in there? although given pulling fuse 19 solves the issue i'm guessing thats the one, although what i wasnt sure of was whether something else, like a lock could be at fault, which keeps the car awake, but without the stereo fuse in, the car being awake doesn't matter because in the 'awake' state its the stereo being awake that is responsible for the noticeable excessive draw?