Carbon Collectives Platinum Wheels

Watsona6

Hi to all. It's a while since I have posted on here. Hoping things have settled down somewhat! I'm after some advice if anyone can help. I've done the 18" wheels on the motor with CCPW and followed the instructions (2-3 drops on a pad), and from what I have read this should do the whole wheel. Is this right? Seemed impossible when I was applying it? Does anyone have first hand experience they can share? Thanks in advance.

I've just bought some, and going to do my new alloys this afternoon.

Used it previously on my 19" alloys when I had the superb. 

I just used a couple of drips on a make up cotton applicator and dabbed them all over.

The bottle is so small I thought it wouldn't cover the 4 wheels, but it did.

At the end I had virtually none left, so don't know how they can say they'd do two sets. I did do the insides of the Alloys too though.

I used 4-5 drops on each of my 19s. Mostly because it came out quicker than I expected. 1 year on and they still beads water and easy to clean.

In fact I've now done 3 sets of wheels and still have lots left.

I've also used to on other parts.

I will say this the first time I used it, it want wrong. Gazed and could get it to unhaze, in the end I ended up having to Polish it off.

Once yiu get the hang of it, it's a lovely product to use.

I used 4-5 drops on each of my 19s. Mostly because it came out quicker than I expected. 1 year on and they still beads water and easy to clean.

In fact I've now done 3 sets of wheels and still have lots left.

I've also used to on other parts.

I will say this the first time I used it, it want wrong. Gazed and could get it to unhaze, in the end I ended up having to Polish it off.

Once yiu get the hang of it, it's a lovely product to use.

Crikey, think I was far too liberal in applying it then.

Can you expand on how you applied it in more detail

Got my new alloys, but the CCPW didn't turn up in the post yet

• Like 1

Hi Chris. Glad to see your still about. Hope you are ok.

Hello there!

All is well thank you, you?

Yes I've returned to the fold having bought an Octavia a few weeks ago after years away sampling other marques :notme:

cheers

Chris

Crikey, think I was far too liberal in applying it then.

Can you expand on how you applied it in more detail

Got my new alloys, but the CCPW didn't turn up in the post yet

I used make-up pads (just don't tell the other half) to apply it.

4-5 drops on each pad and start on the spokes first. It will at first apply very thick and you can see it being very wet. keep spreading it over the wheels in sections until you've covered it all. The more area you cover the harder it will be to see, if in doubt go over the section again.

Leave it a few minutes to start to cure and then with a clean mircofibre cloth "buff off" any excess. But in all honesty if you've used the right amount and worked it in well you wont have any excess to buff off.

Personally I leave the wheels indoor where it's warmer for 24 hours and then apply a second coat (in the exact same way). I then leave the wheel indoors for another 24 hours before fitting them.

Like I said the first time was a disaster (I actually thought what a cr@p product), second time went a lot better.

Since then I've used it on 3 sets of wheels and will be added it again to the xtreme that I've just taken off for the winters.

Maintenance is easy, I used EZ car care viper wheel cleaner and then QD them after to shine.

• Like 2