VRS Steering assist adjustments needed

boneman

Hi all, 

I'm looking into tweaking the steering assistance level on my 2012 vrs to increase the weight/feel.

I find steering too light on fast motorway driving and this is particularly noticeable on long fast bends with bumpy surface when the car can be easily upset.  I'm hoping a heavier feel at speed will stabilize the car and make for a less stressful experience.

If anyone's altered the VCDS and experimented I'd love to know.

EPS yuk! 

Mike

VCDS isn't able to adjust the steering assistance level on a 2012 vRS.

Instead, you'll need to flash a new steering curve using VCP or ODIS-e. The Audi TT RS seems a popular choice, if I remember correctly it has more assistance at lower speeds and then less at higher speeds than the vRS curve.

I think there are now tools to make custom curves but I've not tried them yet :)

That's really disappointing! This steering is accurate and smooth at all speeds but at high speed it's too light and no feel like many other EPS systems. I  wouldn't know which car to go for next to get good steering. Is the mk3 any better?