Few little problems

Hi There, bought my first Fabia yesterday, a 2007 Mk2 1.2, lovely motor. Drives great, but it has a few annoying problems. And was looking for solutions, any help would be awesome so thanks :)

1. Both Front electric windows don't work at all.

2. Key wont unlock or lock door but works fine on the fob.

3. When Idling, the revs goes up and down slightly, and if you blip the throttle sometimes the engine cuts out when cold.

Lastly: When changing gear, and when you take your foot off the throttle and press the clutch the revs continue to rise for a moment.

Any help would be much appreciated... Thanks :)

Edited by FabiaLouis

Hi There, bought my first Fabia yesterday, a 2007 Mk2 1.2, lovely motor. Drives great, but it has a few annoying problems. And was looking for solutions, any help would be awesome so thanks :)

1. Both Front electric windows don't work at all.

2. Key wont unlock or lock door but works fine on the fob.

3. When Idling, the revs goes up and down slightly, and if you blip the throttle sometimes the engine cuts out when cold.

Lastly: When changing gear, and when you take your foot off the throttle and press the clutch the revs continue to rise for a moment.

Any help would be much appreciated... Thanks :)

Hi, try my best at this. Only had 4 months in Skoda but the front door wiring on Fabias seemed to be rubbish, so broken wires in the door looms could be causing the window problems. Or possibly regulators/motors.

2. The key meaning the blade ? Maybe the locks have been changed and not the blade ?

Air mass causes that idle problem on Mercedes not sure how your engine is set up but that is the first thing I'd check.

Hope these are of some help and not completely useless.

Richard

The windows and lock issue is most likely to be wire(s) broken where they pass between the door frame and the door. If you are very unlucky a broken bare end might have touched metal and taken out a fuse.

Also possible is for the insulation still to be intact but the wire strands inside broken, that will be awkward to find even if you had a wiring diagram.

Look at my post a few months ago

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/403575-electric-window-woes-onetouch-fob-and-key-2011-facelift-16cr-tdi/

and another

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/407237-fabia-ii-2010-drivers-door-lock-mechanism-problem/