Fabia vRS Bluetooth/MFD Issues after head unit swap

BeStRaFe

Early 2012 Fabia VRS (Australian Delivered Car)

Has the Factory bluetooth installed with the microphone in the lighting cluster. 

I swapped in a Eonon Android unit, everything is working great with the unit, however....

If I press the Volume / Phone button on the car, the MFD switches to the "SKODA_BT" Menu and Pairing. 

My Phone was still paired with the unit until I jumped all the hoops to disconnect and delete the profiles. 

It's still visible when you search for Bluetooth devices on your phone. (hell the Android unit can see it)

The MEDIA Menu (controlled by the eonon also only works when a phone is paired)

Now, I want to unplug the Factory bluetooth module as it's still communicating with the MFD 

It's not under the rear seats or under the drivers or passengers seat.

So where the hell is it? 

• 3 weeks later...

i was also looking to get a Eonon unit for my vRS and the same as you i have factory bluetooth installed with phone prep.

my question is when you pair your phone with the eonon unit will it display in maxidot like it does with factory bluetooth or only on the headunit ? as i quite like it displaying on the maxidot and using the prewired mic.

does the eonon use the factory mic or do you have to route your own.

rather than disconnecting the bluetooth unit if you have access to VCDS can you not just disable bluetooth and phone prep? im sure i saw these options available. 

I was planning on sorting mine so the voice control worked when pressed on the steering wheel. I did find out how to do it but I hit a brick wall when I also couldn't find the Bluetooth module. I spent hours looking for it and gave up. Maybe i'll give it a go again this weekend now you've reminded me.

Will let you know if I find anything useful.

• 5 months later...

I found it, 

It's under the drivers seat on mine.
A TINY access hole to get to it. 

I have since disabled it via VCDS 

On 12/12/2016 at 23:37, sonny.s said:

i was also looking to get a Eonon unit for my vRS and the same as you i have factory bluetooth installed with phone prep.

my question is when you pair your phone with the eonon unit will it display in maxidot like it does with factory bluetooth or only on the headunit ? as i quite like it displaying on the maxidot and using the prewired mic.

does the eonon use the factory mic or do you have to route your own.

rather than disconnecting the bluetooth unit if you have access to VCDS can you not just disable bluetooth and phone prep? im sure i saw these options available. 

You have to route your own mic,

IT has one in the unit as it is, it's just junk 

Maxidot works somewhat with my headunit.