Whining noise (and not the missus)

JoeWils

I know it's a late one gents but I could do with some help. Just to let you all know my 56 plate fabia vrs flew through its MOT a couple of weeks ago not one advisory, couldn't of been happier when I found out! as I collected the car the mechanic who I've used for both my cars and the rest of my family, said the DMF is showing signs of wear etc, obviously slightly gutting as I know it'll be a good chunk of the wage packet!

Heres the problem, I went to do my weekly tank fill up Sunday night and noticed a whining noise coming somewhere from the front of the car but can't pin point it, you can easily hear it on volume 6 or less on the radio and it almost sounds like a decent WW2 fighter plane. It's there when the car is either in gear or out and also when the clutch is engaged. Anything about 20mph and the noise roughly sounds the same no matter what speed.

Sorry for the long write up but just trying to get the best idea across, I think she'll be off back to the garage Monday morning.