My Octavia ran out of diesel

Many thanks for your replies, I will double check that in the morning, if there is air in the tranparent pipe and it needs bleeding will I be able to tell which cylinder is #3/

Thanks again

Michael

My old mkI had bubbles in the clear section of pipe coming from the injection pump the entire time I had it without any problem. That was over 115k miles in 9 years.

• Like 1

My old mkI had bubbles in the clear section of pipe coming from the injection pump the entire time I had it without any problem. That was over 115k miles in 9 years.

Mine got 241,000 miles with an air bubble in the top of the clear pipe before with no issues :-)

Edited by mbames

I have owned 6 of these all had air in the clear pipe. My understanding was when it was running wont it bleed its self?  air gets pushed down the return line.

Also when changing the fuel filter fill your new one with diesel before fitting it!!. 

If it is running fine and bit air in clear line I would leave it alone, don't fix what is not broken :)