Mk5 Golf GTI 17" Wheels on my vRS Estate?

Hi everyone, having purchased my Octy Estate in May this year after selling my Golf Mk5 GTI I retained a set of 17" wheels (genuine OEM ones) with winter tyres.  These have had little use and wanted to see if anyone thinks I could fit these to my Estate?

Initial concern is the offset but also the brake size / caliper clearance as these look bigger than the ones that were on my Golf.

TIA all.

C.

As above. They should be fine - post pictures when done, sounds interesting - are they the 'telephone dial' ones? If caliper clearance is an issue, spacers may be the answer.

Yep, 'telephone dial' style the star silver alloy finish, not diamond cut 18" ones.  Haven't got much time at the mo but I will try and get them done soon (before winter is out at least I hope!)

Hi folks, those that were interested, I have managed to sort out and fit the 17" Mk5 Golf GTI wheels to my vRS.  I have attached some pics, they go on, just!  Just enough clearance between the wheel weight and the calliper.  I just need some centre caps now to finish off.

post-141571-0-13734300-1481377494_thumb.jpeg

post-141571-0-80902700-1481377501_thumb.jpeg

post-141571-0-23226400-1481377509_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Toad82

Jeez that's tight, fingers crossed you don't pick up any debris between the wheel weight and the caliper!

I know, a test run proved no issues, i'll check it frequently i think.

• Like 1