Dsg Clutch Failure

Hey guys, just a quick update that Arnold Clark have decided to pay nearly all the cost of the replacement, including flywheel, with a £300 contribution from me. So for once, I may actually say something good about them as they've been pretty good with the whole thing, no arguing and the manager I've been dealing with has been a star. So hopefully that should be the end of it, now to decide to keep to the car or get rid...

• Like 2

Good.

Any reason you are paying even £300?

ARNOLD CLARK, INVERNESS are accepting the fault and possibly the known fault in the car they sold you, 

SKODA UK are possibly covering the cost of the DSG Repair, they might in the end need to pay for a new DQ200 DSG.

Someone has likely said to 'The Manager', see what you can get him to contribute / pay towards this.

If you are happy paying then fair enough as the parts have a 2 year warranty and ARNOLD CLARK have to fix the DSG properly, 

so be that Clutches, flywheel, Mechatronic Control Unit, or the complete new DSG you are just paying £300.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by Offski

• 2 months later...

Hi Mike bell 18

When your car was diagnosed with needing a new clutch for the dsg was it still driveable ?

Got a 2010 Superb with 9700 miles  on the clock and have just been told by my Skoda dealer that the dsg box requires a new clutch and fly wheel,cost £1900, even though I have a full Skoda warranty. Dealer reckons these boxes are classed as manuals so not covered by the warranty.

Reason  I ask about drivability is I drove my car to the garage all be it in 'limp mode'  so just wondering if yours was drivable or is the dealer  trying a fast one. No faith in them due to previous issues !!

Thanks 

Phil

An Automated Manual, 2 Pedals,

so tell them Awayoffski has an 'Automatic Only driving licence' and is legal to drive a DSG. But not a manual.

So they can go boil their heid and get the 'Warranty Claim' into the Warranty Provider after they have done a diagnosis and report, 

or some Independent Expert can do it.

• Like 1