For those thinking of upgrading to Mk. 3 - think twice!

I used to be TurboTurbot, but got locked out by new login system here, now back as TurboTurbot 2. And that's kind of the point. People keep fiddling with technology and it gets more fancy and worse at the same time. 

You didn't get locked out. You just can't remember your details. There's a huge difference.

There does seem to be a commonly held belief that 'fiddling' occurs, as if it's done for the sheer sake of it.

Hi Wardy - I did not mean to be insulting about the lost login and your tremendous and appreciated efforts to maintain the forums. Sorry.

Just for clarification, though, I had my login details kept in a note on the computer and they stopped working.

I don't think people "upgrade" things for the shear sake of it exactly, though you are probably right that many do think that. I believe a lot of it is commercially driven: it is intended to keep us replacing perfectly serviceable cars, computers, cookers and so on. At least I can still get parts for my 2003 Octy and get good help with it from this website. Thanks for that.