Octy II - cd changer

Whilst waiting for service yesterday I had a look around the new Octavia - very nice. Took the girlfriend in to see it and she said "oh yeah, saw it last week in the exhibition in Milton Keynes" (Middleton Hall). GRRR!

Anyway, she approved, shame I cant afford one!

The cd changer in the boot - what are the other two slots for? Another changer? Audi MP3 thing? Amp?

Asked my local dealer the very same question at the weekend. He said one slot was for the sat nav CD but didn't know what the other was for.

My 03 Superb Elegance has these. One is used in some countries for the obligatory first aid box - there is a small green cross on the outer cover. I believe the other is sometimes used for a television receiver although I've never seen one in the UK!

• Like 1

The other two slots in the Octy 2 arent for anything in particular but are din sized. The could be used for things in the future by Skoda i guess or maybe for other markets if they do the SatNav1 system with no screen and the CD unit in the boot.

P.S was it a 70k service perchance?

Hi

I've 'got' an mStation...I say 'got' as a friend of mine bought it but never paid for it!! But I think I'll get it back off him if it's easy to fit to my new octy. How did you wire it in?? How did you get the cables down to the head unit? Did you need any adapters or anything??

Cheers :thumbup:

Hi

I've 'got' an mStation...I say 'got' as a friend of mine bought it but never paid for it!! But I think I'll get it back off him if it's easy to fit to my new octy. How did you wire it in?? How did you get the cables down to the head unit? Did you need any adapters or anything??

Cheers :thumbup:

It's not fitted yet. The aux adapter is almost operational. The mstation fits in ok but i'm going to have to cut a opening in the cover panel because it projects out further than the cd changer does. Will take photos of the install which i'll be doing very soon.