Door locks!

saintsfc09

I've had this issue and it turned out to be the lock mech thats in the door. My advice is to replace it for the exact same type. I replaced my faulty one with a unit that Skoda claimed was a newer replacement however when I unlocked the drivers door (so a single press of the key fobe) it would unlock the passenger door as well. Not a huge deal as it would at least lock when dead locking it but I ended up getting a second hand unit from a scrap yard off a newer polo but the code was the same.

Also the units for something like a 02 plate fabia are completely different to a 06 plate vRS so it's best to have a look first.

it can take some time as you need to remove the internal panel which involves having the glass removed from the carrier.

The internal panel is either screwed on or pot riveted which means you have to drill them out and either put new ones in on reviet threads for screws. it's a fiddily job but one that can be done on the drive in good weather. 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/193291-remove-and-repair-deadlocked-rear-door/

My experience, pretty easy to do. Set aside a few hours if you've not done it before. This guide and the one posted abive will give you all you need to know.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/119359-removing-the-ancillaries-carrier/

If yours is riveted on, to replace them, you need to get rivets from skoda (they are huge meaning you can't use a normal pop rivet gun, I got the lazy tong riveter from toolstation to do it) however I now replace mine with rivnuts so can use bolts going forward.

To get the lock itself out, you will need a set of spline sockets.

As above, make sure you get the exact part no. The last two letters make sure it works right with the car, I made this mistake so one if my doors doesn't auto lock with anti hijack.

Oh and get some plumbers gold from toolstation to reseal the carrier.

Edited by Thisday

Oh and get some plumbers gold from toolstation to reseal the carrier.

I did this on my door to and so far so good ;)

Just take your time cleaning off the old sealant if either an ex owner or skoda have smothered it.