Passenger side top mount

serafumi

Hi all . How difficult is it to change a passenger side top mount ? I have ap shocks and springs on .

I remember removing a standard spring and shock from front and it was a pain . However I didn't fit the ap kit .. As they are shorter I'm hoping they are easier to get out ? Also would I need to get the tracking checked after ??

Remove strut from hub assembly remove drop link and then remove the 3 nuts under the bonnet shock should drop out crack the top nut don't remove either use spring compressors (widow makers) or wind you adjusters down until it's not touching the top mount remember to count the exact turns so it goes back to the same place on refit

Remove the top nut, remove top mount then fit new one and reassemble

Tracking probably wouldn't a bad idea if you need to remove the bottom ball joint or track rod end to get the strut out of the hub but if it slides out nicely (unlikley) and your coil overs are returned to the right place I wouldn't bother