How to set display to show phone connectivity

medsec

Since I had to jump start my flat battery, my information screen doesn't show the searching for connected phone display when I start up. It just shows the range of miles I can drive with the available fuel. How do I reset it to search for connected phones, as I found that very handy to warn me if I didn't have my phone with me.

IIRC the display defaults to whatever it was last set to when the engine was switched off. The multi function display will show a number of different things there.

To change the display you need to do one of the following:

If you have steering wheel controls:

1) press the back button (right had controls to the right of the scroll wheel)

2) scroll to the telephone display

3) click the scroll wheel to select

If you do not have steering wheel controls.

1) press and hold one of the buttons on the end of the right hand stalk

2) using the two buttons on the end of the right hand stalk scroll to the telephone display

3) using the button on the underside of the right hand stalk select the telephone display.

My understanding is that if the display is left on this display when the car switches off, it will remain there when it switches on.

Thanks for the advice but I tried using the button on the end of the right hand stalk and it just scrolls through information about fuel used and fuel range. Oh well, guess I'll have to call in at the dealers and ask. Thanks anyway.

The button underneath the stalk changes the category (Audio, Phone, Driving data, etc..) -  the rocker switch on the end of the stalk changes views within a category ... see the Information System section - Fig 24, on p. 39 in the June 2016 edition of the Fabia Handbook

• Like 1