Automatic Window Opening/Closing

I tried to open my windows fully by holding the remote opening button down. Nothing happens much to my surprise.

I've looked in the manual and page 64 shows this. I will try to reactivate the operation.

Activation sequence

Switch on the ignition.

Pull the top edge of the button and close the window.

Release the button.

Pull the relevant button upwards again for approx. 1 second, and keep it

pressed down.

Is it the control on the door or  the button on the remote?

Can someone please explain which 'button' is being referred to and if this works as literally stated ? How can I pull the button AND keep it pressed down? Or should it really say "... then keep it pressed down"

If on  the doors, does this mean I have to open all the windows then try this sequence individually for each window? Then hopefully all the windows will go up or down together with the remote?

I never had this problem on my Mark II FL Octavia even when the battery was changed.

Thanks.

Edited by gregoir

That sequence is to reactivate the one touch up and down on the electric windows.

The button is the window button.

Basically the process tells the motor you want it to work in one touch mode.

The original process you refer to is convenience opening. It can be switched on or off in the locking section in the Car menu on the radio.

Some people turn it off, as people have found there car with all windows open in the rain etc...

Kids can mess with the remote or you sit on it activating the function by mistake.

OK thanks for your useful comments. I did not see that option in the locking section in the radio menu. So I looked at the manual.

By the suck it and see process, I have found that you only need to follow the procedure for the drivers door.

And you have to pull the button up for around one second and THEN press it down.

And, yes, I have had the mysterious windows opening in the rain in years gone by.

Edited by gregoir

And you were correct about me missing that the menu. A few other useful and  unexpected things there. Auto locking was something the dealer had to code in on my FL.

Also trying out the locking 'chirp'. Not too loud luckily.