Battery

The battery on the car keeps going flat. Its got a new battery on it. Ive had the battery and alternator checked.
​Ive done a scan but cant find anything at all.

Any one got any idears at all?

cheers guys. Jump started the car earlyer. The cooling fans came on as well. Moved the car to put the battery on charge and the fans came on. Think they ycould be connected or got a faulty switch some where?

When you turn the key to position 2, does the battery warning light appear? Does it stay on if you wait for the other BITE tests to run and those lights to go out? If not, then you have a problem with the alternator load wires, which doesn't throw any faults but also means that the alternator doesn't charge.

very strange guys.
​The fans are still running even though the engine is stone cold and the key is in the house. Any one got an idea??

I would suggest unpluging the lead from the fan thermostat switch on the radiator.  If the fans stop that suggests the thermostat is stuck in the on position.  If they stay on that suggests a short in the wiring or, if you have one, a faulty fan controller.

Have you by any chance washed the engine bay or maybe got some water in the fuse box next to the battery.

My battery kept on draining as my fans on the engine would stay on after the car was turned off, so I searched on here and someone said its water in the fuse box get a hair dryer on it and dry it out.....

I felt a right muppet with the wifes hair dryer standing over my car with lots of strange looks from the neighbours.... It didn't work.... So i got some electrical cleaner form Halfords and sprayed that in the fuse box and that solved it....

A long shot but........

The fans sticking on and flattening the battery has been reported a few times before on here. Try a search, should throw something up.

Edited by silver1011

With today's microprocessor controlled systems perhaps disconnecting the battery, waiting a minute and reconnecting may help, sort of Control-Alt-Del.