yeti roofbars

jim100jam

Hi 

When i owned my last yeti i some how managed to lose the front plastic moulding for the roof bars on the passenger front side , I went and replaced it by buying a new one from skoda thinking this was just a one off experience.

I then  changed my yeti for another just before the new year to a lauren and klement version with the silver finish roof bars but while washing the car i noticed that both rear mouldings seemed loose. i was amazed to find that i can simply unclip both mouldings with no real trouble at all.....quite frankly im amazed at this...

im going to need to think of a way to make them more secure......any ideas?

They obviously don't ALL fall off

Have you closely examined the moulding to see if the critical area is neatly trimmed with no moulding 'dags' left on?.

Just a thought

still seems mad that you have to glue the trim onto a 3 yr old car 

If it still under warranty then take it to a dealers and get them to sort it out. Several others had had their's done

going to go back to my local dealer....as its pretty poor...when i ordered the first moulding on my other yeti the spare parts guy told me oh weve sold a few of these....so they obviously know its a problem 

going to go back to my local dealer....as its pretty poor...when i ordered the first moulding on my other yeti the spare parts guy told me oh weve sold a few of these....so they obviously know its a problem

......and they'll get out the silicon gun again

You can always fit a black cable tie over the plastic, I don't think they will survive a car wash without some other method of attachment.

I cannot take that seriously, not because I believe the cable tie wouldn't cope, but because why should you put a 1p cable tie on to do a job that the dealer should sort out correctly without looking like an absolute balls up. [i must admit though to using clear cable ties on my winter wheel trims.]

Colin