Modified Car Insurance Companies

meb90

Hello all

It is that time of year again for me. Car insurance is due.

Two years ago I got the two cars in the house insured through Chris Knott as they were both modified slightly, but enough that mainstream suppliers aren't too competitive. I then moved to Adrian Flux as the Chris Knott renewal quote was a bit crazy. Same thing has now happened with Adrian Flux.

I'm also going to be insuring another car (my project which is close to being MOTable), and I'd like to do all three cars at the same time with the same company.

So, does anyone have any other recommendations on other companies to get a quote from?

Many thanks,

Matt

• Sponsor

Assume you'll give Chris Knott another try this year - alot changes in a year? Members should know that if you get a better quote at renewal (maybe with a company whose rates we can't access), we can use that as ammo with our insurers to get them to respond and try to keep you.

Assume you'll give Chris Knott another try this year - alot changes in a year? Members should know that if you get a better quote at renewal (maybe with a company whose rates we can't access), we can use that as ammo with our insurers to get them to respond and try to keep you.

Yes, I was going to give you a ring :)

I know having a quote helps as a target.

• Sponsor

Hello all

It is that time of year again for me. Car insurance is due.

Two years ago I got the two cars in the house insured through Chris Knott as they were both modified slightly, but enough that mainstream suppliers aren't too competitive. I then moved to Adrian Flux as the Chris Knott renewal quote was a bit crazy. Same thing has now happened with Adrian Flux.

I'm also going to be insuring another car (my project which is close to being MOTable), and I'd like to do all three cars at the same time with the same company.

So, does anyone have any other recommendations on other companies to get a quote from?

Many thanks,

Matt

Hi,

If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take another look at your renewal to see if there is anything else we can do.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi,

If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take another look at your renewal to see if there is anything else we can do.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan,

I'm going to give you a ring in the morning!

Thanks,

Matt

Modified insurance, always a good laugh..
Had one insurance company (no names mentioned) who i tried to get a quote from for a modified classic car........the question she was stuck on was "have you owned another car of similar performance before?" Aparently, "I've had the car 10 years, it was my first car, so only experience in this one" doesn't compute! Went round in circles about 4 times with the same question and answer until i just got a "hmmm". She seemed to think i had to have experience in a 2nd modified Capri to be able to drive the current one  :think:  Never did get a call back with the final quote :x :rofl:

Edited by robt100