Rear suspension

arfur

Hi folks

Car failed MOT on a broken rear shocker spring. Im running AP coilovers and as im a bit skint, what cheap rear springs will fit just to get me through the MOT?

Thanks in advance

D

I think you might be better sourcing some standard shocks and pi springs etc ( ebay right now) and adjust your fronts too match,  that will see you at about £150.  Alternative is too buy a cheap ebay coilover kit but you would need to change it after as they are rough.

Surely the Manufacturer could source a spring for you? have you emailed AP customer service?

Thats my 2p  others will be along soon

Edited by Graffiti
  • Like 1

Surely the cheapest option is just one or two (done in a pair) AP springs or equivalent lowered spring? Cheaper than changing shocks and springs i would have thought

Not sure he will get a coilover spring on its own,  thats why I thought just replacing the backs with something low enough it doesnt scream out its not the same as the front. And you wont get run of the mill lowering spring to fit coilies as they are completely different.  

Arfur I have been having a look to find a replacement spring for you this afternoon to no avail, so contact AP,  For speed I would stick some second hand dampers and some budget lowering springs on the back. And catch up when you have cash.

• Like 1

I think you might be better sourcing some standard shocks and pi springs etc ( ebay right now) and adjust your fronts too match, that will see you at about £150. Alternative is too buy a cheap ebay coilover kit but you would need to change it after as they are rough.

Surely the Manufacturer could source a spring for you? have you emailed AP customer service?

Thats my 2p others will be along soon

Yeah ive emailed them and just awaiting a response. Thanks for your response ????

Not sure he will get a coilover spring on its own, thats why I thought just replacing the backs with something low enough it doesnt scream out its not the same as the front. And you wont get run of the mill lowering spring to fit coilies as they are completely different.

Arfur I have been having a look to find a replacement spring for you this afternoon to no avail, so contact AP, For speed I would stick some second hand dampers and some budget lowering springs on the back. And catch up when you have cash.

Hi mate, surely as the spring and damper is separate, any spring should fit?

• Like 1

Far as im aware spring seats differ and spring sizes differ plus poundage rating wont match to shock you have.you might find a single coilover and spring but doubt just a spring.

The springs sit on the adjusters for the rear (as they are coilovers) but when i got the car, the adjusters had been removed and the springs were just in the seat as per the standard spring. I had them put back in to raise the height as it was too low for my liking. Im kinda new to the coilover world.

If you don't want to be able to alter the height just get some rear lowering springs and fit them,obviously without using the adjusters currently fitted :)

So you agree that really any spring for a fabia vrs will fit as a temporary measure? Thank you for the reply bud ????

• Like 1

So you agree that really any spring for a fabia vrs will fit as a temporary measure? Thank you for the reply bud ????

Yeah be fine.

Shocks will work ok too,as they will be shortened to allow the adjustment range on the spring seats.

They will need to be lowering springs though due to the shorter shocks,I wouldn't think standard VRS springs would work.

Yeah be fine.

Shocks will work ok too,as they will be shortened to allow the adjustment range on the spring seats.

They will need to be lowering springs though due to the shorter shocks,I wouldn't think standard VRS springs would work.

No idea why there is lots of ?s after my last post mate haha. Thank you for your help bud, really appreciate it, thank you.

• Like 1