Red facelift Vrs

Dubbsley

• 3 weeks later...

CEEE09BC-207C-4E3C-AF24-F0492F47F5D5.thumb.jpeg.d2dacbc1da47904c6169fcc363c3c084.jpeg

Changes are on the horizon, new wheels purchased. Excited for them to be delivered, tyres fitted & put on. 

Once new wheels are fitted current wheels will be for sale including the adapters but no tyres. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HarleQuinn said:

Eyebrows look good, I am still pondering getting a set. 

I agree, a tiny mod that make a great improvement. I remember a lot of unflattering comments from pre-FL owners when the FL was released. (Then again the same thing happens each time a new Mark is released. MkII owners criticised the rear of the MkIII and I admit it took me 2 years to get accustomed enough to buy one. Great looking  tasteful MkII in this thread. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HarleQuinn said:

Eyebrows look good, I am still pondering getting a set. Those alloys really suit the car as it is, what alloys are you thinking of getting?

I’m really liking the way they change the look of the front end.

They arrived today, but won’t be fitted for another couple of weeks......... until then I’m keeping quiet, all I will say is they are OE wheels from the VAG family.

2 hours ago, roblatus said:

Quick question. 

Do the eyebrows obstruct the sidelights? 

As mine has the DRL’s in the lower bumper, the side light bulb in the headlights are not used.

8 minutes ago, Dubbsley said:

As mine has the DRL’s in the lower bumper, the side light bulb in the headlights are not used.

So. The sidelights don't work at all, I will check my vRS and see if mine is like this. It was just something that occured to me for MOT purposes. 

41 minutes ago, TheRaver said:

Have considered those wheels myself, tastewise, I still prefer your old rims. Maybe its the color combination which doesn't suit the OC2.

I had the old wheels on both my Octavia’s in silver & the current colour & having owned them for 3yrs I wanted a change & kept getting pulled back to these.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarleQuinn said:

I can't quite decide between the two sets, I think at a push the touareg ones suit the car better but as long as you are happy and it is indeed good to keep things fresh!

After 3 years of the same wheel, really needed a change. Time to clean the touaregs & get them up for sale. 

• Like 2

I thought they filled the arches too well to be 18s.  I quite like them to be honest and it's always good to see people trying different wheels.  If we all used the same then it'd be pretty bland all round.  

Would you consider a colour change on the Audi wheels at any point?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, skinnyman said:

I thought they filled the arches too well to be 18s.  I quite like them to be honest and it's always good to see people trying different wheels.  If we all used the same then it'd be pretty bland all round.  

Would you consider a colour change on the Audi wheels at any point?

There’s a few Octavia’s in Europe running Rotars, so I knew they looked good, but they are gloss black & diamond cut. Hadn’t thought about a colour change but never rule it out!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for a similar strip, not set on the racing line one but like the club sport version need to keep hunting for the perfect one....