Red facelift Vrs

Dubbsley

Don't normally do write ups or build threads for my cars, but with this one thought I'd break the trend.

I was looking for a replacement for the pre fl vrs tdi I'd had for 18months.

jd1wWr.jpg

Decided I wanted a facelift version, so started looking.

Spec wise wasn't really worried just wanted something with roughly 50k, manual & candy white, looked for a few months & nothing really close to the mark jumped out. Then 1 day trawling Autotrader a blank ad popped up with just a description of this car with a curve ball on the colour, it was red. Now not a colour I was looking for but then realising it's not a common colour, I thought I'd go & have a look. 1 owner, full history & offered with 12months warranty.

I know you should never buy the 1st 1 you look at but it ticked the boxes I wanted, next thing I know the deal was done & deposit was paid with arrangements to pick it up the following weekend.

Standard spec, bolero stereo, cruise control, 18s & black onyx dash trim.

pppwHk.jpg

Kt0qSu.jpg

Paintwork was ok but when the sun hit it you could see all the swirl marks so decided to break out the MOP & different polishes, after a busy day the paintwork is now gleaming. It's not 100% perfect but a million times better than the day I picked it up.

2uLsZU.jpg

Always had plans to modify it as I can't leave anything standard, so with the suspension & wheels already in the shed, removed from my pre fl vrs. With that in mind got my car in a mates workshop & got all the suspension swapped over to the FK coilovers removed from the old car & had the wheels refurbed at the same time.

6AOcPr.jpg

QCj42K.jpg

Wheels are 9x19 et60 5x130 fitment VW Touareg, fitted with 225/35/19 rubber, refinished in Audi titanoptic with satin finish.

ssOthO.jpg

C33kms.jpg

Met up with Langers2k & he was kind enough to enable front wiper teardrop sweep, rear drl's & twin rear fogs.

I've never been a big fan of the chrome grill surrounds, so bought a black magic grill from superskoda.com & had it colour coded, whilst I was at it I also bought new style badges for the front & rear of the car.

uSUSiI.jpg

Nr8AiK.jpg

Next up came time for a bit more performance so I contacted James at GRM Northampton & got it booked in for a map, then thought stuff it & had the DPF & EGR deleted at the same time plus I threw a pipercross panel filter in for good measure at the samtime.

1t6Bkg.png

My previous Vrs was only mapped & felt quite punchy where as this is really smooth & pulls like a train.

Now 9 months into ownership & really pleased with it, still a few bits I want to do tho:

* OEM Bluetooth

* LED number plate lights

* HID conversion

* Rear privacy tints / blinds

* Couple of bits of vinyl work

* Private plate

* Mk3 VRS Interior

* Maybe a splitter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small update today, fitted the LED number plate light units & what a difference they make, even in daylight.

a 50/50 shot

IMG_0121.JPG

A completed shot

IMG_0122.JPG

Still gathering the parts for my HID conversion & waiting for so sensible weather so I can out there to pull the dash apart to remove my bury handsfree kit & fit my OEM Bluetooth kit.

8 hours ago, Dubbsley said:

Small update today, fitted the LED number plate light units & what a difference they make, even in daylight.

a 50/50 shot

IMG_0121.JPG

A completed shot

IMG_0122.JPG

Still gathering the parts for my HID conversion & waiting for so sensible weather so I can out there to pull the dash apart to remove my bury handsfree kit & fit my OEM Bluetooth kit.

Looks awsome mate. If you don't mind me asking where did you get these ones, and what size are they??

Another small update today, just got back from having the lower centre section of the front bumper wrapped in 3M satin black to match the main grill, also makes it look more aggressive. Only have a pic of it still in the studio, once we get some better weather I'll get some better pic but for know this is all I've got. 

IMG_0132.JPG

Wrap work was was done by Ben at Ultimate Auto, not sure he would be in a rush to do it again as it was a lot fiddler than he first thought. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Toying with the notion of selling my wheels, seen something else I like but mine would have to go. 

Specs are 9x19 et60 Genuine VW Altitude, running 225/35/19 matching Khumo tyres with good tread. Will come with 15mm adapters making final et45, as you can see from my pics they fit fine with no issues. 

Price wise £650

• 3 months later...

Wow it’s been a few months since I’ve done anything to the ol barge, but yesterday had the car in the workshop & got my flush fit parking sensors fitted, not a OE kit but looks just as good. 

85DDBB36-0BD8-4760-A143-D3938A95FD88.thumb.jpeg.a330bf4c13c73b3281f6c3d0bdd3dd90.jpeg

46F6202E-31FB-4C40-B20C-A7F411A7B134.thumb.jpeg.40932b094fe7eab1197c49feb107566c.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Dubbsley said:

F034ADF9-3742-4DDA-A8E7-66E6F581D37A.thumb.jpeg.039968da560671bf0b2630594acb821d.jpeg

Had a 4wheel alignment carried out at STS tyre pros In Huntingdon on ther Hunter machine, as Kwik Fit couldn’t get it on there ramp. Well worth the money & makes such a difference when driving. 

Car looking good, I'm sure I saw a red VRS bombing past me near the P'boro services last weekend, you?

Out of interest how much was the alignment?