12V power socket puzzle

So noticed the other day the 12 Volt socket next to my handbrake wasn't working anymore for my phone charger. Through process of elimination prove it was the socket, not the charger that was broken and also found the 12 Volt socket in the boot was not working either.

Suspecting a fuse problem, I removed glovebox and changed the fuse at position 40 as per owners manual (fuse was visibly blown). 

Puzzlingly , this fixed the 12V socket in the boot which now works fine but the 12V socket next to handbrake is still dead.

Have I been daft and overlooked an additional fuse or any other suggestions?

If not, I'll need to get it looked at when in for service in a few months.

Thanks 

I would have thought both would be fused separately as in my experience they have been but if you read the second post on this thread at the bottom it suggests not

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?4915-12v-power-socket-(cigarette-lighter)

" PPS: Fuse position #40 supplies the in-cabin and hatch ciggy lighters, so the change will impact both sockets "

Edited by SuperbTWM
  • Like 1