Electronic Boot Lock

Hi All,

The electronic boot lock seems to be very intermittent. I read someplace that you need to press the micro switch harder. (I tried and noting ).

Then for no reason it comes back and is ok. Very raandom

Where can I look to rectify please?

When you press the button can you here the actuator working each time or is it sometimes silent? I had a problem recently where the button was working but the actuator had snapped of its bracket and therefore wasn't engaging the mechanism to unlock the boot. Easily fixed with duck tape!

I've had this in mine - anything from a shopping bag slightly covering the catch was the easiest - but I've also had to re solder one of the wires that had worn or corroded  on the switch on the inside of the tailgate. The repair wasn't tricky, but the refitting of the plastic clips is a pain. 

The wire fault was an easy diagnosis - visual check the probably continuity (can't remember ) 

After a certain speed while driving the boot lock becomes inopritive until. it gets a signal that one of the front doors is open.so at traffic lights etc no-one can open your boot.clever

• Like 1