Is this fuel filter on ok?

Bought a new bosch fuel filter from eurocarparts..  Fitted it.  But i'm using all my might and cannot seem to get the other connector on. Please can someone take a look at these photos and tell me if it looks like the connectors are on?   One side I can still see the little shoulder on the fuel filters pipe(this is the fuel tank side of the filter).  Image 1(3) is worrying because it doesnt seem to want to go on.

image1 (3).JPG

image2 (2).JPG

image3 (1).JPG

Yeh its not on properly and I've been really trying to give it some force with my hand but it wont budge,... I was under the impression they should just clip on easily.  I have the arrow so its pointing towards the engine, I believe that's correct? :/

Sorted.  It was just a tight b******.  A combination of turning the filter, pushing the clip in and pushing it on seems to have worked... lol, and patience!

Edited by sammyhale30