What goodies have you bought for your Superb III?

Dog guard and divider from Guardsman. Overall very nice, fast delivery and excellent technical advice on the phone.

https://guardsmandogguards.co.uk/product-category/skoda/skoda-superb-estate-mk3-2015-onwards/

I wanted the guard and the long divider so that we can keep the dog in the back and still load the car with overnight bags etc. The divider can go anywhere but in the middle still give the beast room to turnaround and lay down. The main guard is a little fiddly to fit but the end pieces will loosen enough without being fully removed. I am looking for some quick release lever to replace the regular cap-head bolts that come with it. The guard can stay fitted and still allow the roller cover to be used but this needs to be removed when fitting the divider.

My car has the sun roof but the same modes fit with or without.

More pics or answers on request.

IMG_2243.JPG

Edited by starfighter

On 2/7/2017 at 15:27, penguin17 said:

Is that an 'official' place for the parcel shelf to be stowed with the seats down? Clever.  

Yes, designed to be kept there! I saw it on a Skoda advertising video. Simply Clever! ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Chaps

So far I've bought the following extras which are not being delivered with the car

2 x Zippered keycases (skoda.ch)

3 x Chrome key ends with Superb logo (Superskoda.com)

Boot bumper protector (Superskoda.com) (Fast service)

Set of boot nets (Superskoda.com) 

Set of luxury Skoda Superb mats (Superskoda.com)

Boot mat for variable boot (Superskoda.com)

Model Superb Estate in Magic Black (Skoda.ch)

Skoda Black magic touch-up paint (Superskoda)  I hope I never need it!

Dashcam 512 (Halfords)

Dashcam 112 (Halfords)

Towball cover (Halfords)

Halfords conical wheel brush x 2 (Can't buy good ones here)

Halfords thick microfibre towels x 3 (Can't buy good ones here)

Meguiars waffle pattern microfibre towel (Expensive here) 

Halfords lambs wool wash glove (Crazy expensive here) 

Union Jack and St George's flags crossed (I'm also British)

I think that's all for the moment...

I just need the car now ;)

Only one more week! Happy me! :tongueout:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwissRob said:

Union Jack and St George's flags crossed (I'm also British)

I think that's all for the moment...

I just need the car now ;)

Only one more week! Happy me! :tongueout:

:biggrin: I thought your English was remarkably good - even though I've always found the Swiss to be excellent linguists!

You've certainly covered all bases with that list, I have a feeling it will be a a very well-appointed and cherished car - bravo!

7 hours ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

I have a feeling it will be a a very well-appointed and cherished car - bravo!

Thank you for that! :)

It's getting a lot of love - even pre-ownership because it's my first new car in 31 years!  I have to buy any car myself - my signature and profile pictures show my 18-year old Ford Cougar 2.5 V6 which looks almost new and I plan to give the Superb the same treatment. 

This time I've used a parallel importer which sourced the car via Poland. I've saved 22% on the Swiss list price. 

Before when I was self-employed in UK I had a brand new BMW 525i SEL in 1986 - that was my last new car and I also loved that, but it was RHD and not so easy to use on the Continent. 

My wife is a bit apprehensive of the Superb Estate's length - we'll see how the sensors and assistants help with parking and maneuvering. 

I actually forgot to mention two items on the list (will amend it, also to show planned purchases) - a USB-iPhone cable with a right-angle plug and OBDeleven Pro to enable/disable one or two featurettes. I need to get a new Android tablet for OBDeleven so am looking at the Samsung Tab S3. 

- Ah I can't re-edit the list, the "Edit" link has disappeared. It must be timed. 

So will add here: 

Planned: 

PedalBox+ for when the engine is run-in. I have heard a lot of positive things about this toy. :tongueout:

Edited by SwissRob
  • Like 1