My Service

Hey Skoda people... My 13 Plate Vrs is now saying due service, I'm getting the parts myself and doing the work at local garge but I'm not sure what needs to be done and what parts? When I bought the car a year in march they did a service but it has been the usual, a quick rushed job.. said they changed oil and the filters (do not trust that) please help. the car has just hit 36,000 so just over

I'm a poor person to comment really since I don't own a vrs and others know part numbers etc...

but you should change the oil and oil filter, air filter, fuel filter? Spark plugs and pollen filter behind the glovebox.

That would be the full lot done.

• Like 1

Oil & Filter is simple, Filter on top of the Engine, put oil in if you can before screwing back on. 

Maybe use 5w 40 Full Synthetic VW502 00  not 5w 30 FS Long life.   New Oil sump plug. (easy to get to.)

Air filter is easy, you need a torx bit to fit.

Pollen Filter, easy, get the correct one.

Bigger deal is do Spark Plugs need changed,? Maybe get DENSO.  Ignition Coil remover best used.

@ 3 Years first brake fluid change is due.

That about it really,  check wipers, tyres, brakes, steering, exhaust etc,   Vacuum & Wash and an MOT.   DIY or only use a trusted place.

• Like 1