Roomster door locks

Barnabasz1a

Hello , I have a 2007 Roomster 1.9tdi  , jumped out and pushed fob to lock her and nothing , if I use the key , it only locks the drivers door , even the button in the center console does nothing , any ideas anyone ?

Edited by Barnabasz1a

Hi Barnabasz1a,

Have you tried locking it twice using the key? When I bought my 57 Roomie, second-hand, I had to do two clicks on the central locking to do all doors, first click did driver's door only, second did the rest.  Since had it re-coded by Barrie very kindly (he of the dark grey, lowered machine), so one click now locks/unlocks all doors.

So if your remote was needing two presses to open all doors, perhaps locking twice with the key, turning the key to the locked position twice in succession, might do the trick; then seek help from members offering VCDS in your area, there's a section in the forum for this, to scan your car for fault codes, take it from there.

When my key went intermittent, my nearby Skoda dealers suggested try my "spare" key, did that, have been using it ever since.  

BTW, has the battery in your key remote simply failed? Most good car spares shops will fit one for free, assuming you buy it from them!

HTH

Richard 

Edited by RichardatWakefield

Barna' pleased you got sorted. The last two or three days mine's being intermittent. One day press fob all doors locked and one flash of lights. Next time, press fob three doors lock not drivers door, no flash. When I use key, all doors lock. Key fob battery replaced no difference.  ???

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has an issue with driver's lock as she does not respond to the key fob. If the car is unlocked and I press the button to lock the car, all doors gets locked  except driver's even if the red led is blinking on the door.

If car is locked (manually with the key blade) and I press the fob to unlock the car, all doors gets unlocked except driver's. Using the button at the central console works the same way. Yet windows goes up and down as should when using the fob.

The most awkward is that when I try to fire up the engine, when I turn the key to position I (where dash lights perform checks) I hear the locks perform the unlock sound. 

AWKWARD!!

• 2 weeks later...