Electric passenger seat on S3 Sportline

CTRob

Hi all.

I was told by my dealer it was not possible to order the sportline in Ireland with an electric front passenger seat however I have found an advertisement for a sportline in Poland I believe that clearly shows the car with both electric front seats:

https://www.otomoto.pl/oferta/skoda-superb-sportline-2-0-tsi-280-km-dsg-4x4-od-reki-wyprzedaz-rocznika-2016-ID6yA8Ob.html 

840393883_15_1080x720_sportline-20-tsi-280-km-dsg-4-4-od-reki-wyprzedaz-rocznika-2016-_rev001.jpg

840393883_11_1080x720_sportline-20-tsi-280-km-dsg-4-4-od-reki-wyprzedaz-rocznika-2016-_rev001.jpg

Can anyone confirm if the car is definitely not available in the UK and Irish spec with both front seats electric?

Cheers

Rob

Certainly the current Build Your Own Škoda on the UK site makes mention of power adjustments on the right seat with manual adjustments for the passenger seat.  It must be country specific.  I had this on my Octy Mk1 but by looking at the dealer ordering system managed to get memory seats in the front and a Satnav specced.  At that time (2002) neither were options and only one Škoda UK owned car had the Nav.

An Audi Dealer had to set the Nav up!

15 hours ago, FelisBengalensis said:

Certainly the current Build Your Own Škoda on the UK site makes mention of power adjustments on the right seat with manual adjustments for the passenger seat.  It must be country specific.  I had this on my Octy Mk1 but by looking at the dealer ordering system managed to get memory seats in the front and a Satnav specced.  At that time (2002) neither were options and only one Škoda UK owned car had the Nav.

An Audi Dealer had to set the Nav up!

Cheers FelisBengalensis it is frustrating when ordering a car to see the availability of options is inconsistent across countries. It might sound trivial to most but I actually like my front seats to be both heated and electric and cannot understand why (apart from cost saving) they would choose to have a manual adjustment for the passenger seat in the Sportline...

• Like 1

Something I wanted to include also, based on the Octavia VRS the cost difference between having driver only or both should be about 400-500e

Glad I am not the only person after ordering a 280 Sportline in Ireland

Based in Kildare. 

Went with business grey in the end, the easy to maintain option. Extras wise, not too many.. progressive steering, vegas and electric tailgate.

I ordered last weekend so still have no idea on delivery date etc..

Nice one I am in Dublin myself. Business grey is nice. My pal has a Style in BG and it always look well! I went with black magic metallic :) (queue the boos and chants of boring colour haha) and ticked quite a few options. This is the first time I've ever ordered a new car... took my time with it and decided it i'm going to buy the car I want and not let depreciation get in the way of me enjoying the car. I wanted a fast comfy petrol saloon car and as i'm sure you are aware there really isn't a lot of choice in Ireland if that is the type of car you are after. I'm expecting it to be worth 50% of what I've paid for it in 3 years but I know it will make me smile everyday knowing I have a great engine under the bonnet :) You never know... our cars may be quite desirable in 3 years due to the rarity of them in Ireland ;)

Oh yeah my car is arriving end of march :)

Edited by CTRob
  • Like 2

Same here, first car ordered to spec.. I have had a couple of pre-regs before. I was expecting some resistance when I went in to order a TSI, so I was glad when most of the garages were eager to order. Depreciation wise, yup.. it'll be a big hit. My current thinking is to keep it 'forever' or at least a good few years.. but we'll see how that goes. I do think that you will get to sell privately in 3-4 years, there will be somebody keen to bite at that price point.

Where did you order from, do you mind me asking? I settled on Pilsen in the end... after pricing in 3 places.

• Like 3

I ordered from Pilsen also after getting quotes from 3 other dealers. They were far and away the most responsive and definitely the most knowledgeable on both the Superb and the Sportline spec. I bagged a 0% PCP deal so in 3 years time if the trade in value is right I may go for another 280 (presume it will be a facelift at that stage) if I can bag another 0% deal... otherwise like your current thinking I may just keep it and enjoy it :) 

Edited by CTRob

On 15/02/2017 at 13:30, CTRob said:

Nice one I am in Dublin myself. Business grey is nice. My pal has a Style in BG and it always look well! I went with black magic metallic :) (queue the boos and chants of boring colour haha) and ticked quite a few options. This is the first time I've ever ordered a new car... took my time with it and decided it i'm going to buy the car I want and not let depreciation get in the way of me enjoying the car. I wanted a fast comfy petrol saloon car and as i'm sure you are aware there really isn't a lot of choice in Ireland if that is the type of car you are after. I'm expecting it to be worth 50% of what I've paid for it in 3 years but I know it will make me smile everyday knowing I have a great engine under the bonnet :) You never know... our cars may be quite desirable in 3 years due to the rarity of them in Ireland ;)

Oh yeah my car is arriving end of march :)

Same here. I went for a 280 L & K with a few extra toys. Costly I know but 50 this year and it was a treat me. I agree that car will depreciate, in it for the long term, I am not sure whether a car like this will be made again. Face lift doesn't look as good as current model in my opinion. Not sure when FL comes out whether a powerful petrol will be available again. Therefore long term price might rally and increase over time as car becomes more desirable on second hand market.

And even if it doesn't matter I don't care as I shall be smiling from ear to ear everytime I drive it. I won't knock a 220, it was great when I tried one just the 280 was that much more and worth the extra.

Mine is built and was at the German port of Emden last weekend. Should get it in 2 to 3 weeks I hope.

Sorry I can't help with the specific question about the seats other than to say I have seen a few Sportlines at this stage in Ireland and all had manual adjustment on the passenger seat.  That doesn't mean it isn't an option of course and I know how difficult it can be to drag that info out of a dealer!  Fair play to you guys for going with a petrol Superb!  Diesel power is definitely overrated in this country and there are far too many people that have been misled by the thinking that diesel is always best.  Crazy how many people doing sub 10k kms a year are in diesel cars.  It will be so nice to see something a bit different on the road especially the 280.  I know I have a diesel myself but I do 40k+ a year so makes sense for me but if I was doing normal mileage I'd definitely be considering a petrol.

• Like 1

Yes, looking forward to being back in a petrol.. I have had diesels for the last 3 years and I will not miss that tractor sound on start up :) 

For me, I am not only doing about 12,000km a year (a new job last year means I get to work from home quite a bit now) so diesel is definitely not required.

2 minutes ago, Mloc said:

Yes, looking forward to being back in a petrol.. I have had diesels for the last 3 years and I will not miss that tractor sound on start up :) 

For me, I am not only doing about 12,000km a year (a new job last year means I get to work from home quite a bit now) so diesel is definitely not required.

My circumstances are exactly the same!

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, CTRob said:

Yep it is on a boat and reckon the dealer will have it in the next 10 days :)

Not jealous.. at all. I think i might go kick the tyres of a Seat Leon Cupra at the weekend to test drive the same engine.

What build week was yours... 8/9?

44 minutes ago, Mloc said:

Emailed the dealer to ask about estimated build date.. still had not heard :o

If you have an order number phone up Skoda for an update. They can tell you if it's a status 10 or 20 and a build date. 

2 hours ago, Mloc said:

Not jealous.. at all. I think i might go kick the tyres of a Seat Leon Cupra at the weekend to test drive the same engine.

What build week was yours... 8/9?

They just squeezed my car into build week 8 I was told.

I have electric passenger seat but I have L&K  not sportline.

I was disappointed that I couldn't get an electric memory seat for the passenger (in effect a European drivers seat) as in my car that is the seat that is adjusted the most and my wife ends up spending half the trip re-adjusting it after the kids have been in

On 3/10/2017 at 09:49, CTRob said:

Yep it is on a boat and reckon the dealer will have it in the next 10 days :)

Must be hoping to collect next week? Did you find out what boats out of emden deliver to Ireland (Dublin port?) 

Been told the car will be ready to collect next friday but I'm thinking of collecting it the following monday to give me time to wrap up the sale of my current car.