How to: Fit Genuine Armrest MK2 Fabia

hutchysrs50

Nice easy job, takes about 15 minutes and minimal tools needed.

I managed to pick up a full genuine arm rest from a 2012 Monte Carlo, so was a good opportunity to tick off that optional extra!

Arm rest and brackets for fitting and other plastic trim looks like this....

IMG_1906.jpg

The car without the arm rest looks like this...

IMG_1907.jpg

Pull out the blank trim and remove the rubber base from the rear cup holder, you should see a torx screw, remove that and the centre console should move free

IMG_1908.jpg

You can see two of the four holes already in place ready to bolt the mount into place. Lift the console up just enough to slide the bracket under and bolt in place.

IMG_1909.jpg

With that in place you can fix the arm rest. It bolts in place with a large torx screw and gives about 20mm of adjustment for how you want the arm rest to sit

IMG_1910.jpg

With the arm rest bolted in place you can add the plastic covers, they just clip in place as shown here

IMG_1911.jpg

Then sit back and enjoy the arm rest! Or just keep it in the upright position all the time like most people :D

IMG_1912.jpg

• 3 months later...

Any tips on how to replace the lid? Was missing when I got our car, so I've sourced a replacement. 

But I can't quite figure out the easy way to fit it. Seems to require a lot of force? 

Cheers

edit:

managed to do this, here's how: flip back armrest to vertical position, get in back seat. now slide one leg in and the lid will be angled to one side (which is why you can't do this so easy in the front seat), then you can slide the other leg in, and make sure the little knobs on both legs are correctly seated in their holes. job done.

Edited by gingerbeardman

• 3 months later...