clarky2

*NOW SOLD*

• Skoda Octavia VRS 2.0TSI Combi 2010
  • Race Blue
  • Auto dimming mirror/lights/wipers
  • Variable boot floor
  • Spare Wheel
  • Rear Parking sensors
  • Full annual/10k Skoda Dealer Service History (seven stamps)
  • Owned since new 71K
  • Requires engine repair/replacement
  • Open to offers over £1500.00

This VRS was my pride and joy for six years until it developed an intermittent engine fault last year. After several months and initially suspecting a coil pack problem, guided fault finding by the local Skoda dealer identified the dreaded timing chain tensioner issue. Further investigation revealed that the tensioner was fully extended, there had clearly been some metal on metal contact on one of the ports (see photos) and the camshaft oil pressure valve was also damaged. It initially appeared that the damage had been caught before a total engine failure and the repair was authorised. However, this was quickly halted when metal particles were found in the sump oil and the dealer then advised they would be unable to warrant any repair. After much discussion between the dealer and Skoda it was agreed that a new engine was needed at an estimated cost of more than £8K!

I won't go into the last four months of discussion with Skoda, but we have recently agreed a settlement based upon a contribution towards another vehicle. I now need to move on the damaged car and cut my losses from this incident. Lots of people have suggested I replace the engine myself and then sell, but the quotes for this vary wildly (£2-£4K+), I'm wary of being ripped off and to be frank I could do without more hassle. The car was meticulously maintained and in in excellent condition before the engine issue and is in my opinion too good to break. Yes, I am aware that I could probably make more selling the parts.

This is a good opportunity for the right person with the right skills and contacts to get what was an epic car back on the road (just don't forget to fit the latest tensioner revision when you do). I've taken some soundings on price and would be open to offers over £1500.00, which seems about right whilst allowing some good profit potential for the purchaser.

The vehicle will need to be trailered from Cambridge as the engine was partially stripped to diagnose the problem. It is currently at the local Skoda dealership.    

Edited by clarky2
Sold vehicle

A couple of people have requested more photos. I have these recent shots of the exterior, which is excellent with no marks or dings. I would need to go to the dealers to photograph the interior, but can confirm that it is also immaculate with no marks, scuffs or tears.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the interest and PM's on this. I'm planning to review things on Monday when hopefully I'll be able to follow up the best offer I've received by then and move the car onto a new owner to get her back on the road.

Reviewing my service history and invoices I found some details of some parts replaced by the local Skoda dealer under the original warranty:

April 2012: New clutch, flywheel and release bearing fitted.

March 2013: Coolant pump replaced and console bushes replaced.

I also still have both vehicle keys and all the relevant paperwork as you can see in the photos above.